North Brewing Co was founded in 2015 by John Gyngell and Christian Townsley, the pioneers behind legendary Leeds beer venue North Bar, which opened in 1997. Known as “the first craft beer bar in Britain”, North Bar influenced a new wave of modern beer bars and breweries across the country, including their own.
In 2015 they turned their 10-year dream of making their own beer into a reality by opening a 15bbl brewery, featuring a 200-person capacity tap room, just half a mile from their original flagship North Bar in Leeds.
The core range and seasonal specials epitomise what they look for in beer: big juicy flavours with tonnes of hops; fun, playful and interesting flavour combinations; classics that demonstrate an uncompromising approach to quality.
The brewery has worked with some of the best breweries in the world, collaborating with the likes of Lervig Øl (Norway), Dry & Bitter (Denmark), Basqueland Brewing Project (ESP), Het Uiltje (NL), De Molen (NL), Other Half and Finback (USA), Magic Rock, BrewDog, Verdant, Thornbridge, Track Brewing and Wylam Brewery (UK).
In just two years North Brewing Company has received both national and international recognition.
- Voted ‘Overall Keg Champion Beer’ at the SIBA Independent Beer Awards in 2018
- Named ‘Best Brewery Pub Company’ at The Publican Awards in 2017 and 2018
- Voted ‘Best UK IPA in 2017’ in the Imbibe ‘IPA Challenge’ for Transmission
- Awarded ‘Best New Brewery’ in West Yorkshire in the Rate Beer Awards 2017
- Awarded ‘Business Innovation’ category at the SIBA Business Awards 2018
- Winner of ‘Best Branding and Design’ at The Beer and Cider Marketing Awards 2018
A classic American IPA. Aroma and flavour dominate - Pine, Citrus, from U.S hops, whilst new varieties add tropical fruit. High in alcohol to balance out the huge late hopping, This is a hugely drinkable beer with a light body and dry finish.
Winner of the ‘Overall Champion of the SIBA Independent Keg Beer Awards’ March 2018.
- Additional Information
Name North Brew Co. Transmission West Coast IPA Country England Region Sheepscar, Leeds, West Yorkshire ABV% 6.9% Size 330ml can Dietary Information No