Welcome to the Latitude Wine Online Store

Chateau Ste Michelle Columbia Valley Syrah

More Views

Chateau Ste Michelle Columbia Valley Syrah
£16.99

The Columbia Valley Syrah is a soft, jammy Syrah made in an approachable and fruit forward style. This is an enjoyable, easy-to-drink red.

Description

Details

In the realm of new world regions, Chateau Ste. Michelle is truly a timeless classic – the founding winery of Washington State. Established in 1934, Chateau Ste. Michelle pioneered vinifera grape growing in Washington State and has been producing top class European varietal wines under the Chateau Ste. Michelle label since 1967. The winery combines an ongoing dedication to research and innovation with a commitment to classic winemaking traditions to craft the highest quality wines from Washington across many price points. This dedication to excellence and commitment to quality have allowed Chateau Ste. Michelle a place among the pre-eminent wine producers of the world.

Vineyards
Sourced from vineyards in the Wahluke Slope, Horse Heaven Hills, Columbia Valley, Rattlesnake Hills and Yakima Valley AVAs. Harvest started early in mid-August and extended into early November as fall brought cooler temperatures.

Vinification
A combination of maceration techniques were used to bring out Syrah’s lush, concentrated character and minimize harsh tannins. Approximately 80% of the wine was made using pumpover technique, where the juice was pumped over the cap twice daily to extract color, aromas and flavours. The remaining 20% was made by delestage (Rack and Return) technique, where wine is pumped out of the tank, and then quickly put back over the cap, to submerge the grape skin cap. Syrah skins can be soft, and we want as many whole berries as possible, and this technique is gentle and still extractive. Aged for 16 months in 32% new French and American oak barrels.

Tasting Notes
The Columbia Valley Syrah is a soft, jammy Syrah made in an approachable and fruit forward style. This is an enjoyable, easy-to-drink red.

Additional Information

Additional Information

Name Chateau Ste Michelle Columbia Valley Syrah
Country USA
Region Colombia Valley, Washington State
ABV% 13.5%
Vintage 2016
Grape Variety 98% Syrah, 2% Viognier
Size 750ml
Dietary Information Suitable for Vegetarians, Suitable for Vegans
Reviews

Product Tags

Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.